Friday, June 4, 2010

Things Yet to Come.

To say that I am an RPG fanatic is about as appropriate as calling Charles Manson a loony guy; sure its true, but there might be a better adjective somewhere in the unabridged Webster. I love all RPGs, whether they be western, "J", or MMO. Most of my childhood seems to be filled with anti-social memories of me sitting at home curled up in a blanket taking on the adventures of a mute hero.

To honor my devotion/addiction I will be writing about both new and old rpgs that I've played over the years. The focus of these writings will be on the ones that were either so good that they permanently took up residence in the tiny spot of my brain that used to house important stuff, or so bad that they left their mark by scarring my brain tissue. These writings may or may not follow any type of order, but I will try to keep it chronological. Can't make any promises on that though, we'll see what happens as the days pass.

So that's it for now. Before I go, I want to take the time to honor the late and great Dennis Hopper. I realize that his death is old news by now, but last night I got around to watching Blue Velvet to honor his memory. After sitting down and going through the movie again I began to understand just how talented he was and came to the understanding that we really did lose a great actor. For those of you who have never seen Blue Velvet, it gets the official Cactus stamp of approval. Watch at your own risk though, its a very disturbing movie that will have you questioning human behavior in no time. The sick and demented sort of surrealism that is right up my alley.

Until my next blog, keep reading and take the time to check out Dennis Hopper's filmography if you haven't done so before; yes, that includes the Super Mario Brother's movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment