Saturday, July 31, 2010

Friggin' Sweet News

I’m interrupting the Favorite Fights segment to briefly discuss something that makes me all warm and tingly inside. A short while back, Capcom announced that they were finally releasing “Marvel Vs. Capcom 3”. After almost a decade of wait, the king of tag team fighters is returning in a powerful way. Needless to say, the memories that surfaced from just hearing this announcement put me into a nostalgic stupor.

But then it got better.

Slowly over the past month or so, Capcom has been revealing the roster of fighters to the general public. Imagine how surprised I was to see that they are adding one of my favorite Marvel characters to the mix, Thor. The god of thunder himself will be delivering beat downs and bludgeoning the craniums of many a competitive fighter when this game arrives to home consoles!



It’s about time too! I never understood why he was excluded from previous entries in the series. Better late than never I suppose.

Oh ho, but that’s not all. If you are going to take this long to make a sequel, you gotta make sure you give the fans some love. Just when I thought the geek gods had given me all I could have hoped for, I discovered that they have in fact decided to bless me with not one, but two of their celestial champions. Amaterasu from Okami is playable too! This is either my greatest wish come true or I've fallen asleep and awakened at the tail end of the year 2012.



If you’ll excuse me, I must offer up a sacrifice to show my appreciation to Lord Mega Man for his charity.

1 comment:

  1. omg. I imagine you're in geek heaven, also known as Yggrizil, or simply, Craigland. lol.
    So... Thor v. Amaterasu... who wins?

    ReplyDelete