Sunday, July 25, 2010

FIGHT!!!!!!

Conflict is a vital component of existence. Whether it manifest as mental, emotional, verbal, or physical, we each recognize the hostility present in our surroundings and adopt the idea of having to confront each other in order to survive.

For these reasons battles seem to be at the foreground of most stories written throughout history. Even the highest minded literary masterpieces are supported by a strong conflict nested at their core. Tales that revolve around more positive emotions such as love also find themselves depending on the ugly topics of lust and jealousy to move the plot forward. The wars we are so willing to engage with are the fabric of anthropology and are the very source of all tension and drama that we so lovingly associate with.

To honor our love/hate relationship with this thing called war, I will be spending the next week or so sharing with you what I personally believe to be the most entertaining and well executed fight scenes in movie history. In no way should you view this as any sort of definitive list, nor should you see their chronology as an indicator of their value to me. I am not the type of person to compose “Top ‘X’ lists”, because I tend not to hold any fondness to absolutes. Instead just take this time to journey into my mind and see what I look for when it comes to our deep seeded hatred for one another.

I hope you enjoy. Also, try not to kill each other while you wait.

1 comment:

  1. If by "kill" you mean eat ice cream... I'm sorry, I've already slaughtered a whole carton this past week. Oh the marshmallows, won't somebody please think of the marshmallows?!

    ReplyDelete