Sunday, July 4, 2010

As For Movies

After much thought and consideration I will be continuing to see at least one movie a week and post a review of it here on my blog. unlike my previous reviews though, I will be focusing less on the technical side of things: cinematography, editing, character acting, etc and more on giving a general feel of the movie, only focusing on the tech if it is truly worth mentioning. The reason for this change is I feel like my last two reviews were a bit boring. Sure I tried to spice them up with a little bit of non sequitur humor, but looking back it gives off a vibe of being forced, which I don't want. Also, I'm thinking that most people don't really care about the technical aspects of film making as much as I do.

The biggest reason for the change is for the sake of spoilers. When talking about a movie by analyzing its various components on equal footing there's a lot of room for error when trying to explain why one loves/hates it while keeping much of the plot locked safely up in the mystery machine. So if you were bored by my 5 page tech manuals, prepare to be slightly less bored by my 6 page hyperbole response rants.

You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment