Monday, August 9, 2010

The Fate of Favorite Fights

Much like the odor of the gluttonous awkwardly shaped kid who used to sit near your table at lunchtime playing “Magic the Gathering”, the Favorite Fights segment on the ol’ Feudal Cactus blog have begun to overrun the site. Truth be told, I like these story segments a great deal. They’re short, take little effort on my part to put together, and they revolve around a subject matter I deeply enjoy. Still, as a mother bird must boot their beloved child from their nest once they are old enough to fly, I too must say goodbye to Favorite Fights – momentarily.

No, Favorite Fights isn’t going anywhere, but I will be cutting back on them. As I took a step back and analyzed the whole bloody mess I realized that there are A LOT, let me stress that again, A LOT of fight scenes in movies I can talk about. Furthermore, the last entry was sort of cheap. Rather than talk about separate Guy Ritchie films I lumped them all together to avoid having to make separate articles for each individual film. This is something that I want to steer away from. So rather than turn this whole blog into a shrine devote towards the worship of movie battles, I will be taking a break from Favorite Fights. Just a reminder, these segments are not done away with, they will return but will do so sporadically on days when I have nothing better to talk about.

In the meantime I will be posting one more movie fight before I go skipping off into the wilderness to have a gay old time with other topics. I feel this one needs to be a part of the initial Favorite Fights run. So enjoy the next Favorite Fights, it may be a few weeks before you see another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment